Monday, June 1, 2009

36 week appt.

As promised, I will try my best to keep this updated on a weekly basis as I go to the doctor from now going forward. Had an appt this morning and as it turns out, I am dilated 1 cm and am 50% effaced, which was great to hear! This means that we are on our way, and it could be any day between now and the next 3-4 weeks, although it is unlikely that we will make it all the way to the due date. The doctor did tell us that since I have started progressing naturally on my own, we do have the option of an induction anytime that we would like to do that after the 38 week mark. Note, I will be 38 weeks on June 15th. But, for now we are going to wait it out and see if she will just come naturally, although we will not let it go past the due date for sure!
We also wound up in the hospital today due to some contractions, but a false alarm. The did take me in and put me on the monitor for about 2 hours monitoring both my contractions and her heartbeat. It turns out that I am actually having contractions roughly about every 5 minutes, but nothing to be too alarmed about just yet. They are not hard contractions, just generally mild, but definitely another sign that we think it will be sooner rather than later. Will keep you posted as we find out more. The next appt is next Wednesday, which also happens to be our 3 year anniversary...YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment