Monday, June 22, 2009

39 weeks - almost there!

We went back to the Dr. this morning. STILL 1 cm dilated, but getting close to 100% effacement, which is still progress. Here is the run down of how the conversation went after he checked me:
Dr.: So, what are we going to do?
Courtney: I say let's have this baby this week
Dr.: Ok, well let's have her tomorrow then.
Courtney: (heart drops to the floor and develops small knot in her throat) Whoa!, hang on, can we at least wait until Friday?!?!?
Dr.: (chuckles a little) Sure, we can do whatever you want to do.
Then the Dr. procedes to call the hospital and set us up for an induction on Friday morning at 6:00.
I don't know why the thought of tomorrow made me freak out just a little, I think it was just the reality finally hit me really quick...it was all kind of funny. I think Dr. Robinson thinks I am a little out of control, and he may be right. But I decided that if we are going to plan, let's at least plan for the weekend, so that it makes it easier for everyone to come up and see her :)
So, that is the plan! I'm sure that now that I have it in my head that she is coming on Friday, she will decide to change mommy's plans and come on Wednesday or something. But either way, regardless, we will be holding our new baby girl on Friday! Yay! Praise God!
Please continue to keep our family in your prayers and we hope that you will all come and see us!!
Also, we took one last picture of mommy's ginormous belly, see below: (and no laughing allowed!)




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are definitely NOT ginormous! You look wonderful..so agree with the doc about Charley's size :)

    ps...the post by andrew was actually me....

    ReplyDelete