Tuesday, June 16, 2009

38 weeks and counting

We went back to the Dr. yesterday for our 38 week appt. Looks like I am still sitting at 1 cm dilation, but have progressed to 80% effacement. So at least that is some progress. The Dr. said that with first babies, you ususally thin out (efface) first before you dilate, so it looks like my body is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. Still no further indication of timing. We are still looking at any day now between now and the due date. The possibilty of induction right around the due date has been brought up and the Dr. said that I would do very well with that if we chose that route, as my body has already started progressing on it's own. As she is on the larger size (Charley that is), we may decide to take that route if she does not come on her own within the next 2 weeks.
Other than that, Mommy and Daddy are doing great, just wondering how much longer with each day that passes. I have officially been put on Maternity leave as my commute back and forth to work is at least an hour. So we really are ready for "Go Time" anytime this child of ours decides she is ready. I have definitely felt a decrease in her movements, in fact the Dr. put me on the monitor for a while yesterday, just as a precaution, but she is perfectly fine. Seems like she is just simply running out of room in there, which makes Daddy and I hope that maybe that will intice her to want to get out soon :)
Please continue to keep our sweet little girl in your prayers, especially in the days ahead as we make progress closer and closer to her birthday!

2 comments:

  1. yay! 80% is great news; I'm placing my bet for next Wednesday. Of course if I'm right, you have to change her middle name to Jaynah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY HAVE THE BABY HAVE THE BABY..I have been waiting so patiently! jk I know you are so excited!!!! Can't wait to see you guys and Charley soon!

    Lindsey :)

    ReplyDelete